Wood Pigeon Salad
Perfect for a summers day, or just to feel healthy, this wood pigeon salad pushes the limits of indulgence just a little! Chef Jeffers has pulled out a little magic with this dish!
Pigeon & shallots
2 Wood pigeon crowns (filleted)
2 tbsp Oil
Butter Salt & pepper
1 tbsp White balsamic vinegar
100g Caster sugar
1 tbsp White balsamic
2 tbsp Light olive oil
Check out our Pigeon video to watch Chef Jeffers rustle up this dish
1. Take your fillets of the crown carefully and leave at room temperature for 20-30 minutes. Season well and place a nonstick pan onto a medium high heat for 5-7 minutes before using. Now add the oil and butter to the pan and wait until the butter is foaming. Cook the pigeon for 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Leave to rest before slicing.
2. Spilt the shallots in half,cook cut side down in pigeon juice until caramelised.
3. Simply marinate the blackberries in the vinegar with thyme for 30minutes.
4. Bring water and sugar to the boil in a small pot. Now add the walnuts and reduce until quite sticky. Shallow fry in hot oil until crispy (2minutes) ,dry on a J cloth until cool.
5. Simply dress the watercress with balsamic & oil
6. Finish the salad with pigeon, walnuts, blackberries & shallots. Serve immediately.