Venison Tenderloin and Chips!
Chefs Seasonal Special
1 (multiply the amount by the number of people)
Who doesn't like steak and chips? This time however we are using Venison tenderloin!
2 Venison tenderloin steaks (sized to your liking)
As many oven chips as you like
2 tbsp sunflower oil
Salt and pepper
For the sauce
2 Rashers Finnebrogue nitrate free bacon, chopped into small squares
150ml Beef stock
1tbsp Balsamic vinegar
2tbsp redcurrant jelly
1 Garlic clove, crushed
85g fresh or frozen blackberry
Note - some of the stages below are simultaneous or overlap so read through before starting!
1. Oven cook the chips for the time specified on the packaging - normally about 25.
2. Ten before the chips are ready, season the venison with salt and pepper (or Gunpowder Seasoning), heat 1tbsp of the oil in a hot frying pan and cook the venison for 2 minutes on both sides and then seal the thinner edges. Remove and place in an oven set to 200C for 4 minutes.
3. With the venison in the oven add the bacon to a high heat pan and fry for 3 minutes. Add the balsamic vinegar, then the stock, redcurrant jelly and garlic. Stir and blend everything together. Add the blackberries and continue cooking until they are soft.
4. Take the venison out of the oven and let it rest.
5. Plate the venison and chips. Spoon over the blackberry sauce.