Venison Keema Curry
A classic keema curry based on the Tesco real food recipe, but using venison instead of beef!
500g Venison mince
½ Onion, finely chopped
3 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
25g Ginger, finely chopped
15g Fresh coriander (separate stalks and leaves)
2 tbsp Medium tikka curry powder
400g Tin chopped tomatoes
200ml Beef stock
200g Long-grain rice
200g 0% fat natural yogurt
300g Tin garden peas, drained
- Heat a large nonstick frying pan on high heat. Add half the mince and stir-fry for 2-3 mins until browned. Drain the mince and tip juice into a bowl. Repeat with the remaining mince.
- Return the strained meat juices to the pan and reduce the heat to low-medium. Cook the onion, garlic and ginger in the pan for 6-8 mins. Stir in the coriander stalks and tikka powder and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Return the browned mince to the pan and add the tomatoes and stock. Season if desired. Bring to the boil, then simmer, uncovered, for 20 mins, stirring occasionally. At the same time, cook the rice.
- After 20 mins, stir in 1 tbsp of yogurt, the drained peas and half the coriander leaves. Cook for 2 mins, then taste and season if necessary.
- Serve topped with the remaining coriander and some yoghurt if you like.