Just spicy enough, just chewy enough, just perfect!
1 kg Venison
1 tsp Cayenne pepper
1 tbsp Garlic powder
1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
1 tbsp Dried chilli flakes
1 bottle Worcestershire sauce
- Cut the venison into cut into strips about 5mm thick, 2cm wide and 5cm long (approx.)
- Mix the Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, chilli flakes, cayenne pepper and Cajun seasoning in a bowl.
- Pour the sauce over the venison. I do this in layers to ensure the chilli flakes are equally dispersed over all venison strips.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least two hours but better still overnight
- Lay out the strips on a raised grated tray and place in an oven at 40oC.
- ‘Cook’ / dehydrate for about 8 hours but check regularly after about 5.
- Allow to cool and place in a Tupperware container and then enjoy at will.