A lovely meal to warm you up on a winters evening!
1 tbsp Sunflower oil
1 Onion, chopped
2 Cloves garlic, chopped
1 Green pepper, chopped and deseeded
250g Venison mince
1 tsp Chilli powder
400g Can chopped tomatoes
1/2 tsp Salt
400g Can kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
Shredded lettuce and tomatoes
Fresh Jalapeño chillies
Tacos, rice or a baked potato
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a low heat. Stir in the onion, garlic and green pepper. Cook for 5 mins
2. Add the venison mince and cook for a further 5 mins. Sprinkle over the chilli powder and mix together. Cook for a further 2 mins. Now add the tinned tomatoes, reduce the heat, cover and cook for 30 mins.
3. Halfway through cooking, taste and seasoning if needed.
4. Add the kidney beans about 10 mins before the cooking has finished.
5. Serve with your choice of accompaniment.