Venison and Bacon Bombs
A great recipe sent in from a new Deer Stalker, Jules.
1 Onion (see method for how to prepare this)
500 g Minced venison
100 g Breadcrumbs
24 Rashers of Bacon (about 6 per Bomb)
Salt and Pepper
Tabasco Sauce (optional)
1. Peal an onion and then take the first layer off being careful not to break it (Use a shallow cut so you can open it to pop out the middle) and put that to one side
2. Now take your venison mince and combine with finely chopped onion (the middle) along with some bread crumbs if it’s a bit sloppy. Add salt and pepper to taste (I've added a dash of Tabasco as well)
3. Take a portion of the mince and roll it in your hand to make a ball and then take your onion skin and put the venison mix inside.
4. Now carefully wrap the Bomb with the strips of bacon so none of the onion is showing.
5. Place this in the oven at 180 C for 40 mins (a little less if it’s a fan assisted oven)
6. Serve with some nice fresh green beans or what ever you fancy