If you are looking for something a little different to make with those put and take trout then a fish chowder is a great option!
1 Onion, chopped
2 tbsp Flour
450ml Milk (full fat), hot
450ml Fish stock
2 Trout (put and take fishery) - smoked
450g Potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1-2 cm cubes
200g Can sweetcorn
Salt and pepper
1. Melt the butter in a pan and fry the onion until soft
2. Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring throughout
3. Now add the milk and the stock. Bring to the boil
4. Add the potatoes, season to taste, reduce to a simmer, and cover for 15 mins or until the potatoes are cooked
5. Add the sweetcorn and cook for a further 5 mins
6. Add chunks of the smoked trout and cook for a further 5 mins to heat through.
Note: If you haven't been able to smoke your trout then brush the trout fillets (cut) with liquid smoke and add to the broth with the potatoes.
6. Serve with crusty bread