Solly's Vietnamese Style Salmon
1 hour which includes marinating the salmon.
15-20mins depending on the weight of the salmon.
Having seen my first salmon caught on the fly and 'almost' landing one myself I thought it was time we did another salmon recipe. This uses some of my favourite ingredients from SE Asia, Vietnam in particular.
1 red chilli, finely sliced
Few sprigs of Coriander - chopped
1 glove of garlic - finely chopped
1 small shallot - finely chopped
1 Tbsp groundnut (or veg oil)
1 Tbsp of Fish Sauce
For the Fish Sauce:
2 TBsp Fish Sauce
Zest and Juice of 1 lime
The Main Event
4x Salmon steaks (I used Glenarm Organic Salmon)
Green Veg of choice
Fresh Noodles (or dried of you cannot get fresh)
1. Mix all marinade ingredients together, place salmon skin down on tinfoil covered tray and cover with the marinade, leave for an hour.
2. Make the sauce by melting the sugar and water together in a pan. Heat but do not stir until caramel turns golden. Add the fish sauce, lime juice and zest. Cool a little and then pour over the marinated salmon.
3. Cook for 15 -20 mins in a 180 degree oven.
4. While the Salmon is cooking, lightly boil your green veg. I used purple broccoli, i then used the same water to cook my noodles for 1 min.
5. Serve in a bowl, noodles on the bottom, lay the salmon and broccoli on top and eat while hot! Delicious