Slow roasted leg of wild goat
Leg of wild goat marinaded in Harissa paste and slow oven roasted.
1 Goat's leg (with bone)
1 1/2 tbs Harissa paste
1 1/2 lbs Cherry tomatoes (quartered)
3 Small onions
6 Cloves garlic (peeled)
2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
1 Small bottle of white wine
Salt and pepper
1. Shoot and butcher a wild goat (or get a leg from a good butcher!)
2. Trim and season the goats leg - remove the thin film of caul
3. Cover in the harissa paste and season with the salt and pepper before covering and then refrigerate overnight
4. Heat the oven to 220C and place the leg in a 'neat fitting' baking tray, covered by tin foil, in the lower third of the oven
5. Remove after 15 minutes and scatter the vegetables over the meat before replacing in the oven. Reduce the temperature to 135c
6. Check every 30 minutes and baste the meat in the juices. Turn the leg after 1 hour.
7. The leg is cooked when a thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 65C
8. Rest for 30 minutes before cutting and serving.