Simple Roast Partridge
A deliciously simple recipe for making the most out of your partridge this season.
4 Partridges (plucked and cleaned)
4 Dollops of butter
8 Rashers of streaky bacon
Salt and Pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
- Coat the partridge in butter, season with salt and pepper. Lay a rasher of streaky bacon over the crown and another half on each leg.
- Roast the birds in a roasting tin for about 30 minutes. Using a knife check the juice run clear between the leg and the body of the bird.
- Remove from the oven and rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve with a side of your choosing.