Roast duck breast in red wine sauce
10 mins (excluding the marinade)
A decadent and rich sauce to accompany a beautiful roast duck breast served with vegetables of your choice or maybe just a salad. Healthy and delicious.
- 4 Duck breasts
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 Spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 Clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 200ml red wine
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp Runny honey
- Sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- Score the duck fat with a sharp knife and then coat with the soy sauce. Cover and refrigerate overnight to marinate the duck fat. Allow to come to room temperature before cooking.
- Bring an oven up to 200C. Season the duck with salt and pepper and then place the duck skin down on a baking tray. Place in the over and cook for about 8 mins before turning and cooking for a further 8 mins. Remove from the oven, cover with tinfoil and rest for up to 10 mins.
- Bring a frying pan to a medium heat. Pour off (collect) the duck fat into the frying pan. Add the spring onions and garlic to the frying pan and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the wine, balsamic vinegar and runny honey. Now increase the heat and reduce down until syrupy.
- Slice the duck breast into 5mm thick slices and serve coated in the sauce with vegetables of your choice.