Shredded Pheasant Samosas
This is a great recipe sent into us by 'Cooking for the Keeper' on Instagram - thanks Rea!
- 3 pheasant breasts
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Thumb size piece of fresh ginger
- 2 bay leaves
- 1tsb Ground coriander
- 1tsb Coriander leaf
- 1tsb Ground cumin
- 1tsb Tumeric
- 1tsb Curry powder
- 1tsb Tikka curry powder
- 1tsb Garam Masala
- 1tsb Salt
- Filo sheets
1. Cover the pheasant breasts with water in a saucepan and add 1tsb turmeric and 2 bay leaves. Boil for 20 minutes.
2. Whilst they boil heat olive oil in a frying pan and add the finely chopped garlic, ground coriander and cumin. Fry until browned.
3. Now add the finely sliced onion and ginger and sauté for around 10 minutes.
4. Now add the salt, Garam Masala, chilli powder, and coriander leaf and sauté for about another 8 minutes.
5. Remove the pheasant breasts from the boiling water, shred immediately and add to the saute onion mix and cook for a further 5 minutes. You can add some tikka curry paste at this point if you want a bit more of a kick!
6. Now make into samosas using the sheet and seal with egg wash.
7. You can either egg wash all over and oven them or fry them as they are depending on your personal taste.