Pheasant Sausage Breakfast Fry
OK, so its a fry up - but its one using game, free range, and nitrate free goodies!
4 Free range eggs
8 Pheasant sausages
8 Rashers Finnebrogue nitrate free bacon rashers (if you can get them!)
200g Shiitake mushrooms
2 x 400g Can of baked beans
Salt and Pepper
1. Grill the pheasant sausages until golden on all sides. Don't let them dry out. Wrap in tin foil and place in oven at 50C
2. Grill the bacon to the crispiness you prefer. Wrap in tin foil and place in the same oven as the sausages.
3. Place 4 plates in the oven with the sausages and bacon.
3. Melt some butter in a non stick frying pan on medium heat. Once melted fry the mushrooms until soft. Remove and place into a small bowl lined in kitchen towel.
4. Empty the beans into a microwave bowl and cook on high heat for 3 minutes.
5. At the same time as the beans are cooking fry each egg in turn in the residual butter (add more if required) at a medium heat. Cook two eggs at a time if the pan is big enough.
6. Plate all ingredients on the oven warmed plates.
6. Serve with a steaming cup of tea, toast and English mustard.