I love chicken pakora when eating out in Indian restaurants, so I decided to try it out with pheasant - perfect!
450g Pheasant pieces
115g Gram flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Chilli powder
1/2 tsp Garam masala
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
2 tsp Soy sauce
600ml Cooking oil (for frying)
1. Remove the skin from the pheasant and cut into snack size pieces.
2. Bake the pheasant pieces in an oven at 180c for about 10 minutes. Remove, set aside and allow to cool.
3. Sieve the gram four into a mixing bowl.
4. Mix the flour, salt, water, chilli powder, garam masala, turmeric, and soy sauce into a thickish paste.
5. Heat the oil in a wok or deep frying pan to a high temperature. Dip each piece of pheasant into the paste and place it in the hot oil - about 5 pieces cooking at a time. After a few seconds the pakoras will float to the top of the oil. Deep fry on each side until golden orange (about 2 mins each side). Drain the pakoras using a sieve and place on kitchen roll.
6. Repeat until all pieces are cooked. Serve hot with an accompanying sauce and bottle of Cobra or Kingfisher beer.