Pheasant KFC style!
A delicious snack from The Talking Game magazine - will leave you wanting more!
4 Pheasant breasts (I do the legs as well - awesome!)
200ml Sunflower oil
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Onion seeds
1 tsp Chilli powder
1 tsp Celery salt
1 tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp Allspice
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Basil
1 tbs Marjoram
50g Plain flower
1 Egg, beaten
1. Heat the oil in a deep frying pan until boiling with small bubbles.
2. Been all ingredients except for the pheasant, flour and egg, in a blender and tip into a large bowl. This is the crumb mix.
3. Cut each pheasant breast in half and then in turn coat in the flour followed by the egg. Next coat in the crumb mix. (I did the legs as well - and will always do them going forward!)
4. Deep fry, a few pieces at a time, in the hot oil. Make sure you only do 2-3 at a time as that keeps the heat in the oil. Once golden (approx 4 mins) remove and place on some kitchen roll to soak up any residual oil.
5. Serve with your choice of accompaniment. We used potato wedges.