Partridge Nasi Goreng
A twist on the normal Nasi Goreng but using partridge (or pheasant) rather than chicken. Delicious!
3 tbsp Oil
8 Partridge breasts thinly sliced
3 tbsp Sweet soy sauce (kecap manis)
2 cups Rice (white) - this must be cooked the day before and left to cool before use!
2 Cloves garlic (chopped)
1 tsp Red chill (chopped)
1 Onion (diced)
2 tsp Shrimp paste (optional but make sure you turn it into a smooth dissolvable paste before using)
1 Spring onion (chopped)
Tomatos and cucumbers (sliced)
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a wok or large skillet over a high heat.
- Add chilli and garlic, stir fry for a few seconds before adding the onion and cooking for a further minute.
- Add more oil followed by the partridge, cook until it is sealed on all sides and then add 1 tbsp sweet soy sauce (kecap manis) and cook for a further minute or until the partridge is cooked through and starting to caramelise.
- Add the rice that was cooked the day before along with 2 tbsp sweet soy sauce (kecap manis) and the smooth shrimp paste, if using. Make sure the shrimp paste can dissolve easily into the other ingredients (the hard paste won’t do this). Stir fry continuously for 2 minutes, or until until the rice starts to caramelise.
- Fry the eggs just before the rice is cooked.
- Add the spring onions and then serve, topped with a fried egg.
- Garnish with the tomato and cucumber.