I didn't realise I said so many Elder trees in my garden until maybe our bees worked their magic and they bloomed in abundance!
15 Elderflower clusters
1 Litre of water
500g of caster sugar
4 tsp quality honey
1. Add all the sugar and honey to the water in a large pot.
2. Bring to the boil slowly until all the sugar and honey has dissolved. Remove from the heat.
3. Finely grate one lemon and add the zest to the water. Cut this lemon in half and squeeze in the juice to the water.
4. Slice the other lemon into slices and add them to the water.
5. Place the Elderflower face down into the water with the stalks upright and out of the water. Ensure the heads are submerged.
6. Cover with a lid and leave for 24 hours.
7. Remove the Elderflowers and then pour the water through a sieve into another pot. Then sieve again - I use a Sainsbury's reusable mesh produce bag for the second sieve!
8. Pour the sieved cordial into a bottle!
9. For a great G&T, add a little cordial to Fevertree cucumber tonic water and an Irish measure of Hendricks (on the rocks of course with a slice of cucumber)