BBQ's pheasant skewer wrapped in pitta bread
As many or few as you like but these values are for 3
A take on a recipe in that great book from the Game Larder - Feathers. It's a fantastic snack or BBQ starter...deliciously quick and easy.
30g Harissa paste
1.5 tbsp Yoghurt (I use goat)
1 tsp Lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
2 tsp Coriander (freshly cut)
1. Remove the meat from the pheasant - thigh and breast - and chop into approx 1 inch chunks.
2. Mix the harissa paste, lemon, coriander and yoghurt in a bowl. Now add the pheasant chunks and mix them thoroughly. Place in the fridge to marinade, ideally overnight but shorter if you forgot to do it the night before and you are now in a rush as your guests are arriving!
3. Get your BBQ up to about 200C and whilst its heating skewer the chunks onto wood or metal skewers.
4. Cook the pheasant skewers for about 10 minutes turning regularly.
5. Whilst the skewers are cooking cut some pitta breads into half and toast.
6. Fold the pitta bread around the skewers and then pull the skewer from the meat. Sprinkle some coriander onto the meat.
7. Serve and enjoy.