BBQ Butterfly Rabbit
I found this on a recipe on a great website for Birdsong Farm. Its a way of bringing the Primitive Spit Roast Rabbit back home and cooking it on the BBQ!
1 Whole rabbit, skinned and butterflied
1 Small jar of BBQ Sauce
Vegetables or salad of your choice
1. Prepare the BBQ by heating to a high heat and brushing off lasts times remains!
2. Cut the rabbit down the rib cage and splay out to a single flat shape.
3. Marinade the 'inside' with the BBQ sauce.
4. Turn the heat down to low, place the rabbit on the grill (marinade side down) and close the lid. Cook for about 20 mins.
5. Open the BBQ, marinade the upper side of the rabbit and then turn over for cooking. Use the remaining sauce on the legs and anywhere else getting a little thin before closing the lid and cooking for a further 20 mins.
6. Remove from the heat to a chopping board and rest for 10 mins. Now get that big kitchen clever out and chop into portions to serve.
7. Serve with salad or vegetables of your choice.